There’s a lot of talk on the forums at the moment about what people are doing on launch night. Now I have never, ever managed to play on launch night – my life just always seems to be a bit busy. And this year is no exception, September is a hectic working month at my company and I have rugby training on Tuesday nights. I may sneak on for an hour just to go to Pandaria, maybe sneak in the first quest chain but then I’ll be off to bed as like most of the world I have work in the morning.
I will mention here that I have taken the precaution to warn my (lovely, beautiful and most importantly understanding) that for the first 2 weeks of MoP I will be spending most of my time playing computer games.
Wednesday evening will me my first real foray into the game but for me “THE SESSION” will start on Thursday when I finish work at 12:00 midday and am then am off until Monday.
That gives me 3.5 days, less time out for playing football on Friday and playing Rugby on Saturday. In that time I want to get “Raid Ready”. That means grinding 85-90, getting professions to benefit level (that means 550 to get the ring enchants and JC only gems), first getting HC levels of gear and then getting raid ready gear.
To me that sounds like a tall order! I’m being joined by my good friend who got me back into WoW (and the reason I’m now Alliance) on the Saturday and Sunday – he’s bringing his PC over and we’re going to crack on together (though he has the whole week off so I’ll be playing catchup methinks).
So what essentials am I getting in to help with this?
- I have the one of the most bizarre playlists of people I know. I think 2 playlists will be in order:
- Levelling playlist – Chillout. Dean Martin, Eliza Doolittle, Vampire Weekend, Bombay Bicycle Club etc
- Instance playlist – Dance/ Rock. Pendulum, Hadouken, System of a Down, LMFAO, Nerf Herder etc
- 4 Pack of Lucazade – this is mostly due to the fact that I’ve got rugby training, football & a rugby game during that time so is good for rehydration
- 6 Pack Red Bull – I’ll be staying up late and don’t drink coffee so this is the next best thing!
- Fruit Juice – Make some nice smoothies
- Fruit Squash – My go to drink, I try to drink 4-5 pints of water a day and this makes it tastier 🙂
(ORIENTAL THEMED) FOOD
- Loads of chicken – quick, easy and can make loads of dishes
- Stir Fry Veg & Beansprouts
- Wonton & Spring Roll wrappers – add in the stir fry veg & chicken. Delicious
- SWEET CHILLI SAUCE – makes everything more Asian
- Noodles – Obvious, chuck in a wrap, eat eith chicken or stiry and win.
- A couple of Duck Breasts – got to have a nice meal sorted for when my friend comes over, and duck is just the dream
- Sweets – I have a massive sweet tooth. Either Haribo or Dolly Mixtures.
- Crisps & Dips/ Philidelphia – Cannot beat them.
With all that I think my dreams of “Raid Ready by Reset” are possible.
Roll on Pandaria!